Thursday, July 24, 2014

Alert! Alert! 50shades trailer is out!

Interrupting the regularly scheduled programming to bring you this breaking,earth shaking, squee inducing news.... The 50 shades trailer is out! And Jamie Dornan is amazing in it!

  



Now, let me just preface this by telling you all, that I don't like the twilight books and detest Bella Swan.

The 50 shades trilogy, well, I'm mostly ok with it. As in I dont  "oh-my-god-i-love-you-i-cant-live-without-you"  but neither do I "hate-you-burn-in-hell-feminism-challenged". I read them because I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I enjoyed them, because I treated them like a fictional story (I'm looking at you folks, who got into fan wars over these books, and friendships were broken and lives were ruined). The books were way risque-er than my usual staple of romances but after the initial shock and awe , my prudish self reconciled with it and the books and I got along well enough.

The fever was never ending, with super talented video editors, splicing and dicing, putting out fan trailers to shame professional trailers and fan favs emerging in the form of Alexis Bedel and Matt Bomer (hon: mentions: Henry Cavil and darling hottie Ian Somerhalder) I voted Matt and Ian mostly.

Then came the movie announcement. And Hell broke loose all over my fiction world , all over again.
Charlie Hunnam's selection and subsequent exit was met with relief mostly and Jamie Dornan stepped in. And can I just say, Jamie proved himself to be the right choice. I've been a fan of Jamie since OUAT and was very unhappy about his exit form the show, so when his name was announced I was amongst those who were very happy with the final choice.

And today, oh today, the trailer came out . And I am elated! From what I can see, the movie may just push me from oh ok, to fandom territory. The trailer is interesting and if some one were to see it out of context of the books (aka someone who hasn't read or heard of them), it's just intriguing enough to make you sit up and notice.

The acting is superb, at least on Jamie's part. Dakota Johnson, poor thing, I cant really blame her, because Ana , like Bella is just too fumblingly cute, self appeal unaware and a mary sue to be likeable. But I can see some real crisp direction, and the trailer clips show a lot of promise. And may I just say, again, my boy Jamie is just P.E.R.F.E.C.T in it. The look in his eyes, his facial expressions. I could go on and on, but I think it's time to stop. And I'll link the trailer down below for any of you who may want to see and also for me, so I can stalk my own post and re-watch it all the way to Valentine's day 2015.




PS: Cosmo did the Trailer in gif form for those who wanna do the hypnotic thing...Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Do talk to us